Important Update Understanding Recent Changes and the Future of Seed Access

Important Update Understanding Recent Changes and the Future of Seed Access

​Dear Community,

​There has been a lot of discussion recently regarding the federal rescheduling of certain cannabis products to Schedule III. Because this is a major change, it is important that we clarify what this means for our community of breeders, home growers, and patients, and what it does not change.

​What Rescheduling Means

As of April 22, 2026, the federal government has moved certain FDA approved and state licensed medical cannabis products to Schedule III. This primarily impacts the business operations of state regulated dispensaries and medical producers, largely by providing relief from specific federal tax burdens (Section 280E).

​What Remains Unchanged

It is vital for our community to understand that this rescheduling does not change the laws regarding cannabis seeds. No Impact on Seeds This policy shift does not apply to the interstate commerce of seeds.

​The November Deadline: The separate federal legislation passed in late 2025 (Section 781) remains in effect. As of

November 12, 2026, the interstate shipment of seeds from plants exceeding the 0.3% THC threshold will be treated as a federal offense.

​Why We Still Need to Act

Because the recent rescheduling is limited to medical products, it does not offer protection to the independent seed banks, small-scale breeders, or the home gardens that form the backbone of our community.

​We are currently advocating for H.R. 6209, the American Hemp Protection Act, which is the specific legislation needed to protect the preservation of genetics and patient access to reliable, consistent medicine. You can contact your local officials or two Senators. We cannot go backwards!

9 Likes

And the fight continues :moai:. And as I have always done, I will do what I want. Keep fighting people :flexed_biceps::flexed_biceps::face_with_symbols_on_mouth::face_with_symbols_on_mouth:

2 Likes

We can’t go backwards. Having a pocket of seeds and traveling isn’t a federal crime.

3 Likes

:100::100: when we look at it in the grand scheme of things we are the pioneers paving the way for our kids or there’s. The future always starts right now. Unfortunately the road is a tough one and the hill very high to climb.

4 Likes

Exactly! So dumb the laws we still have but at the same time its refreshing to see change. Definitely not at the rate it should though

3 Likes

It’s taken my entire lifetime

1 Like

Heck, I went to jail for growing. 25 years ago

2 Likes

Looking back, I guess I was pretty lucky. With all the crazy stunts we pulled, geeze had they caught me, I’d probably still be in jail

2 Likes

We’re were helping out a friend, moving some growing equipment and the neighbors snitched. Seen us loading it up in the truck. Been raided because of someone we knew got busted so they snitched. Told the police we were moving weight, wasn’t true, but we still got in trouble. We had some weed, but not what he was claiming! Stay safe out there everyone. You never know?

2 Likes

I was hoping the border to Mexico :shushing_face:ahh the good ole days

2 Likes

Crazy, I don’t have the balls for that,! I don’t have balls to begin with, but you’re lucky you didn’t go to jail down there . Nobody would have seen you since! Lol

2 Likes

Another funny, high school, senior year, we devised the plan of all plans. We would create a fake after school activity program thing for “dirt heads” that’s what we were called back then. on, get this, horticulture!!
Got busted after about 5 weeks, almost didn’t graduate, :laughing: lol
Plants were doing :+1: great, out behind the high school :school:, kids

3 Likes

Free the seed!!

1 Like

High school now days they call the cops.

A few strains we’re discontinuing. Banner, Dolce, super Skunk GDP purple Urkle big buds.

Just not it.

Anyone else find a few out there not really your type?

Most Sativa/ doms don’t work for me. I use basically medicinally only and they don’t give the same relief heavy cultivars do, and can even make things worse.

1 Like

Yeah, to these just don’t work for me really. They taste good and smell good but, keep trying!

I do pretty well with blue head band, try that some day

I’ll put it on my list. What’s the parent strain? Or it’s lineage?

I actually have some of those, Emerald Triangle Blueberry Headband and BB HB x G13.
Or did you mean the HSO one?