Blue dream auto-seedsman

Hey everybody. I’ve been growing on and off for 23 or so years. I’ve tried multiple ways of growing, ie; soil, coco, hydro. I’ve landed on hydro for my preferred method. Currently I have a dwc system I’ve been fine tuning over the years. I’ve harvested some mega plants and some micro plants. I’ve experienced growing photos and autos. I grow using led lights now primarily but have used hps

. I love the diy aspect of growing and have done things like built my own cob leds, dwc systems, auto watering systems, etc. I’m excited to share some knowledge and learn as well

7 Likes

Great to have you here!

What method is the bottom plant? I have only ever grown in soil.

All pictured are dwc

1 Like

Ah nice - hydro systems. I’m still a relatively new grower myself, utilised the Spanish climate when I lived there and the laws.

1 Like

Do you have any photos of the root systems at all? Would love to see @DanCanGrow

I can take pic of the current baby, seedsman blue dream auto. Funny I never thought about capturing that aspect.

1 Like

The plant is always interesting to look at, but I have such 0 experience with Hyrdo grows I think that is the coolest part. Well for me anyway :slight_smile:

Sick you are growing one of our strains!

4 Likes

Wild! That’s amazing to see

I’ll stay current with updates. You should see what the roots look like at finish!

2 Likes

I’ve grown a lot of different strains but lately I’ve been getting all seedsman strains. I love that all the terpenes and grow characteristics are shown before purchasing. I’m proud to say I’ll be running a lot of seedsman in the future

1 Like

Thats so sick, I’m glad you like them. Where are you based, we have some new Photo Fems dropping / have dropped in the USA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually just recieved 20 purple ghost candy fems today! I’m in the US

Current grow is a single blue dream auto. I popped the bean and it’s first day as a helmet head was march 2nd. She was immediately put in a net pot with hydroponics. Looking back now I should’ve put my peet puck closer to the bottom of the net pot and let her grow up into the net pot. This would’ve allowed her roots to hit the water faster.

4 Likes

03/17. Her roots finally hit the water. Growth has been steady. She remains short and has almost 4 full nodes, so I topped her! Yikes!

3 Likes

Lovely plant label :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @DanCanGrow

Your Hydro set up looks amazing and your plants look extremely happy.

Could you please let me know what’s your approach to running autoflowers in a DWC system, any specific adjustments you make for nutrients, root health, or timing compared to photoperiod plants?

I have never done a Hydroponics mainly because I have not really learnt much about Hydro. However I am interested to know more about Auto in Hydro. I would assume it would be a little more difficult compared to PPF?

1 Like

Welcome man!

Oh yeah some good root porn is always great :+1:

1 Like

I run a dwc system. I bought 3 gal square tubs and painted them black. Bought 4” net pots and cut holes in the lid to fit the net pots. I installed auto refill system via a float but that’s a whole other aspect. I use hydroton for the medium.

I don’t approach autos really any different when it comes to growing in hydro, except the seedling stage. I use peet pucks, and the moment a tap root starts to pop through the peet puck, i place that in the net pot. I just switched to cronk nutrients 1 part bonnie and clyde. I’m following the feeding chart exactly. I used to run gh 3 part series where I only mixed my nutes to 1/3 strength. Timing is pretty simple I believe all plants need a rest time so I run 18/6 the whole way. For those who like training I do all my topping at 14 to 17 days. After that I low stress train and work my lights ppfd up as they grow older. I like to keep the environment at 75° F for day temp and 67 for night temps. And humidity at 60% ish for veg and then drop humidity to 40-45% for flower.

5 Likes